As a student you will be required to complete a variety of different forms including registration forms, forms to apply for classes, forms to declare your program of study and eventually, a form to convocate!
Many of the forms you will be required to complete are found on the Faculty of Graduate Studies website.
Information on how to register and instructions for Registration Intialization can be found on the Grad Studies registration web page by following the links.
- Program of Study (POS) MEDes (Thesis) Form
- Program of Study (POS) MPlan
- Program of Study (POS) Architecture Form
- Program of Study (POS) Revision Form
- MEDes (Thesis) Completion Checklist
- Directed Study Registration
- Master's Degree Project (MDP) Supervisory Committee
- Master's Degree Project (MDP) Examination Posting Form
- Master's Degree Project (MDP) Posting Checklist
- Master's Degree Project (MDP) Signature Sheet
- Master's Degree Project (MDP) Standards for Document Preparation
- Student-Supervisor Memorandum of Understanding
The Conjoint Faculties Research Ethics Board (CFREB) is responsible for managing the ethics review process as it pertains to research work in EVDS.
The Tri Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research involving Humans provides the foundation upon which the process of ethics review is conducted at the University of Calgary.
Ethics approval helps to provide a framework of respect and mutual understanding between researcher and research participant within which both parties can properly understand their respective roles, and formally outlines those rights and responsibilities to which the researchers agree their obligation.
If your research study involves human participants, and you will be (i) conducting interviews, (ii) conducting observations, or (iii) administering surveys or questionnaires, then you will most probably require formal ethics approval. If you have any question as to whether or not your protocol requires ethics review, you are advised to contact an Ethics Resource Officer directly for further information. Graduate students, staff and faculty should apply directly to the Research Ethics Office in Research Services.
For complete information about the ethics approval process and for application forms, please visit the CFREB website.