The following EVDS facility equipment and room space are available for booking by EVDS faculty, staff and students ONLY.
Please note that while you are able to schedule equipment online, you must contact workshop personnel directly in order to cancel a booking. To cancel email email@example.com.
There is a strictly enforced no show policy in place for all technologies: Laser Engravers, Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) routers and the Rapid Prototyper.
All missed appointments are recorded and subject to the following penalties:
- 1 missed appointment = warning
- 2 missed appointments = 2 week access restriction
- 3 missed appointments = no access for remainder of semester
The laser engravers may only be booked one week in advance. A new schedule opens every Monday at 9:00 a.m. The laser cutters are available 24 hours a day.
Users may book a maximum of 2 x 60 minute (for a maximum of 120 minutes) timeslots per week. If there are unbooked slots, users may book these on a first come, first serve basis. Users may only book one additional unreserved slot per week, contingent upon availability.
Cancellation of a booked timeslot must occur a minimum of 3 hours before the booking. Please note, all late appointments are cancelled and awarded to another student after 5 minutes.
To cancel email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To download instructions on how to prepare files for laser cutting and engraving, click here.
Dimension BST 1200: ABS Plastic FDM Prototyper
The Rapid Prototyper may only be booked one week in advance. A new schedule opens every Monday at 9:00 a.m. The 3D printer is available twice per day: 9:00 a.m. and/or 4:00 p.m.
The amount of time per print job varies greatly. Jobs may require 2 hours to print, others can take up to 48 hours so be prepared well in advance of your deadline. For this reason, all files must be previewed by the technicians prior to booking. All files must be submitted in clean, watertight, stereolithography (STL) file formats.
Cancellation of a booked timeslot must occur prior to 4pm the day before the booking. Please note, all late appointments are cancelled and awarded to another student after 10 minutes.
To cancel email email@example.com
Shopbot 3 Axis: CNC Router (small 22" X 30" x 2")
Thermwood 5 Axis: CNC Router (Large 120" X 60" X 36")
The workshop has two CNC machines capable of separate types of milling. You will have to consult with a technician prior to booking to determine which machine is best suited for your task. While some jobs require a shorter time frame, others may take more than one day. The CNC routers are available once a day at 9:00 a.m. Please note, all late appointments are cancelled and awarded to another student after 15minutes.
To Book a CNC Machine:
- All CAD files must be reviewed and approved by the workshop technicians prior to booking the machine. All files must be submitted in Rhinoceros or IGES formats.
- Only when CAD files have passed a review and the material blanks are prepared can users book the CNC.
- All CNC bookings are done via the workshop technicians. CNC bookings occur on a first come, first serve basis. Timeframes are difficult to predict. A job may take more than one day so be prepared well in advance of your deadline.
- A posting of the CNC Production queue will be located on the doors of the CNC rooms. There are no online bookings.
- Cancellation of a booked CNC timeslot must occur prior to 4pm the day before the booking.
To cancel email firstname.lastname@example.org
To reserve a space, contact reception at 403.220.6601
- PF1138: Presentation room
- PF2110: Capacity of 15
- PF2140: Capacity of 20-25 with projector
- PF2151: Capacity of 21 with projector
- PF2160: Capacity of 80 with projector
- PF2165: Capacity of 45 with projector
- PF3160: Capacity of 50 with projector
- PF3175: Capacity of 12 with projector
- PF3176: Capacity of 14 with projector
- PF3177: Capacity of 14 with projector
- PF3197: Capacity of 12 with projector
- PF4140: Capacity of 16 with projector
To reserve a space, contact reception at 403.220.6601.
- PF2107: Capacity of 12
To reserve a LCD projector contact reception at 403.220.6601.
To reserve the conference phone contact reception at 403.220.6601.